1. The Tele-Medicine connectivity will enable 12 Super Specialty Hospitals to provide expert services to 53 Remote Hospitals that are equipped with the medical equipments such as Electro-Cardio-Gram (ECG), Ultra Sound, and pathology and X-Ray at each location.
2. In addition the Indian Government has committed to giving one Tele-Medicine node to the African Union Commission, Equipped to the same level as the 53 Remote Hospitals. The Indian Government reiterated their commitment and is just waiting to get from the AUC the list of equipment already available at the medical center so that they can work on the implementation plan.
3. Each remote location will additionally be equipped with Tele-Medicine hardware, camera and software.
4. The software will be an integrated package capable of managing the patients, storing and forwarding the medical records and analyzing digitally signed prescription for advice to the remote patients.
5. Any doctor from any of the remote locations can refer the patient`s medical records to any of the Super Specialty Hospital and have a Tele-Medicine video session for live diagnosis and advice by the doctors on a scheduled time in association with the provider, Super Specialty Hospital, and the receiver and the Remote Tele-Medicine center.
6. The Tele-Medicine system will be HL7 compliant and will adopt the DICOM 3.0 standards for imaging.
7. The Indian government emphasized the need to adopt the HL7, DICOM, PACS, and ICD9/10 a particular standard especially in imaging and Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The above standards are widely used and will pose no interoperability problem during exchange of medical records.
8. The 12 Super Specialty Hospitals will provide seamless health care services to 53 Member States of the AU with the 8 hours of consultation (online and offline) scheduled for various disciplines and schedules for various countries in mutually agreed timings.
9.The Tele-Medicine network will also provide continuing medical education (CME) services based on the selected Super Specialty disciplines in the medical courses offered by the Indian and AU Regional Super Specialty Hospitals as a certificate and diploma course as per the AU requirement